Be it your first wilderness elk hunt, an international Marco Polo hunt or a difficult Alberta Bighorn expedition, this course will get you in the zone. Spending time during those time intensive and costly hunts honing your skills doesn’t make sense… You need to be prepared before the hunt!
- Leave this course comfortable riding horses in rough terrain, knowing the ins/outs of how pack animals are utilized, and understanding safety precautions around horses and mules in the mountains.
- Leave knowing the basics of field care for high value animals. Every experienced international hunter and sheep hunter can tell you a story of a guide botching field work. This course will teach you the important details involved in capeing, turning and salting in remote environments.
- Leave knowing basic self trauma first-aid, remote communication and wilderness field craft.
- Leave confident in your ability to choose mountain species (elk, mule deer, sheep, goat, bear) guides and outfitters with precision. We will cover choosing domestic and international providers.
- Leave knowing how to live in a wall-tent camp and an extreme lightweight backpack camp.
- Leave with a better understanding of shooting in the alpine environment.